Thursday, March 29, 2007

Frugal Living Blog And Your Talking About The Movie "300"

My very first blog ever and instead of talking about something frugal, I decided to talk about the movie "300". Well I finally went to go see the movie last week. I have always been a Frank Miller movie fan, I must admit that I have never read one of his books. Well I thought this movie was pretty good but...yes there is a but. I thought there would be more gore in it.

Yes, I know it was very gory but after watching Sin City I was expecting in your face, micro-zoomed, every single human muscle fibre seen up close and personal. What I did see was a lot of killing from a distance, yes it was the most individual killing I have ever seen in a movie, but I guess I thought it was going to make my stomach turn.


Sin City made me sick to my stomach, perhaps I thought this movie would make me violently ill. But for whatever reason I did not feel that way anytime during the entire movie...I guess my expectations were too high for the "gore" factor. What really bothers me is that I do not like gory movies. I can not stand watching horror films and think they are waste of time and money. I guess my mindset was made up before watching this movie, that I really did not allow it to sinkin.

No comments: